Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Seriously? It's been a MONTH?!


Where in the world did the time go? Let's see, happenings that I can remember (in no particular order).


1. We went to San Diego for 4 days. Spent a little time on the beach, went to the zoo, Balboa Park (for museums), and Sea World. Got DRENCHED on Atlantis at Sea World. Tip: two big people in the front seat is maybe not the best idea. :) Saw the Georgia O'Keefe show at the art museum (sigh-didn't want to leave). I am not the biggest fan of her flowers but the landscapes are amazing.


2. Got bifocals (the progressive ones--no line). I hate them a little bit.


3. Went to the fabulous Laurie Notaro reading on July 11th with my friend, Sara. Laurie is my very favorite writer, and she is so funny and kind. She said she remembered me from previous readings. Uh, no, she wasn't "just being nice."



2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yeah I am glad you are back. Well at least I think you are. I hope you are okay. I am going to call you on Wednesday or Thursday - we seriously need to catch up!! I hope you had a great time!!

angiedunn said...

How fun!

SD is my favorite place to visit on a whim. It's so relaxing there.

I need to know this writer & read her books...they look good. {I judge books by covers often.}

Thanks for the email. YOU ARE AWESOME!