Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No paper...no patience...

I HATE grading papers. Kind of a bad thing to hate when you're a teacher, right? I've graded for hours at a time over the last week in order to provide feedback to my little scholars prior to the AIMS test next week. That, in conjunction with the issues of funding--"I'm sorry. What? I can't make copies anymore? OK. And there's no money for books. I see. What about paper? Ah. None of that either"--makes doing this job a tad difficult. Truth be told, it has not made for a happy Mrs. B of late.

One might think that it's all worth it when a young mind finally "gets it," that moment when the light clicks on, and you can see that all of your preparation, every lecture, every gentle little mark made by your red pen has made a difference.

Yeah. I'm still waiting for that moment. Been waitin' for 15 years.

1 comment:

Lori Villarreal said...

You are an awesome teacher Ann. Every student you have had or will have is one lucky child!
Love ya