Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear Facebook...

I think we need to part ways.

I'm sorry, but you stress me out. Yes, I have enjoyed finding old friends. Yes, it was exciting to see the friend requests. Bottom line, and you can call me an old lady...I just don't really get it. Farmville? Mafia Wars? Wha?

It's become rather unweildy to keep up with you. I DO update my status once-in-awhile, and believe me when I say the anxiety I feel is not because I have SO MANY friend requests that I can't keep up! There's just too much going on there! How do you hit someone back with a pillow? Or send a heart? Or find out what your Jersey Shore name is?

Plus, and this is hard to say, I feel as though you are drawing my BFFs away from their blogs. I know! You may say I'm jealous. So be it. I miss them.

It was fun while it lasted, Facebook. I will miss you. Sort of...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am laughing my butt off! It could use to lose a few pounds. I agree. I love th connections I have made (old friends - old students), but I miss my blog. I miss my real live friends!! Thanks for posting the reality of things!! Hope to see you soon!! XOXOXO

Hezstone said...

Dear dear Annie- Just so you know-there is NO need to be overwhelmed..I deny ALL app requests!! You can actually block them! It's liberating!! LOL All I do is buzz through the status updates..keeps me laughin and in check with everyone!
At least I know you can message me on there..i need to be better at Blogging...and yes FB is my real time lover. I'm a two timing whore..just say it! xxoo