Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year Randomness

1. Contemplating whether I will say two thousand ten...or twenty-ten. Twenty-ten sounds weird, but I didn't say nineteen-thousand-ninety-nine. Nor did I say twenty-oh-nine.

2. Deciding on new hair style. Things are working out better since I bought a flat-iron that cost more than 4.99.

3. Recovering from cross-country skiing. Tendonitis has officially moved in to join chin hair, bifocals, and droopy bra straps in permanent residence.

4. Snuggling with Rikki, the previously NOT so loveable pomeranian who moved in when the kids did.

5. Recommiting to WW (put 8 lbs back on--dammit). Don't remember the fiber increase having this same impact last year. whoa. (One might think that I'm only dining at Cafe Rio, Lori!)

6. Enjoying the "fresh start" feeling of January.

7. Thinking, praying, hoping for two different friends whose husbands have lost jobs.

8. Feeling joyous, thankful, ecstatic for another friend who is finally pregnant. :)

9. Loving my husband for trying SO hard to be tidy and organized. (You have NO idea!)

10. Anxiously awaiting new books from my fave authors: Laurie Notaro (June), Charlaine Harris (May), Jodi Picoult (March).

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Love your randomness friend! I think I will say twenty-ten...
Glad to know someone else's bra straps don't stay up.
Love you.

Lori Villarreal said...

Love this post!! 8 lbs isnt to bad considering it has been the holidays. I wish we had been eating at Cafe Rio to often! I miss you and hope we can get together soon . Love you

Rob and Sara said...

Thanks for #8! I assume that's me and not our culinary friend :) Love ya!