Monday, January 25, 2010

Finding a groove...

Heels have always been my footwear of choice. The higher the better. I feel dressed up and girly and professional, and my posture is WAY better when I'm wearing these. I might sometimes feel sexy, too. I wear them to work, out on dates with Scott, lunch with girlfriends. Just L.O.V.E. them. In these shoes, I feel powerful and in control...like the manager I used to be, the independent, can-scrapbook-anytime-I-like-and-eat-popcorn-or-greenbeans-for-dinner-girl who had a clean (nay, spotless) apartment (which was decorated very decidedly "girly"). I also feel a teeny, tiny bit uptight in them, a little rigid...ok...maybe a lot rigid.




You know what? You can't catch a curve ball wearing those bad boys...and I've had a few pitched my way lately. Since tendonitis moved in (and HOLY SCHNIKEES it hurts) I've been sportin' these guys instead:


Cute? Yeah. Girly? OK. Powerful and sexy? Not so much. I like 'em, though. I realize I'm more relaxed, like I can catch up with my life. You know what else? Everything is kind of settling into a groove, too. Life is not perfectly clean, tidy, wrapped up in a bow, or shiny and sexy with a flexed calf all the time. Just ain't happening. Sometimes I have my act together enough that we sit down to dinner together. Sometimes we have cereal. The house is "mostly" clean. The world will NOT end if kid #1 doesn't want to wash her hair for a week. Eventually, she'll do it. Or if kid #2 wears 5 outfits in one day? Fine, too.
I know. You might be thinking, "Ann is overmedicated." Nah. It's just the shoes...

3 comments:

angiedunn said...

LOVE this post. Love. That second pair looks similar to the pair i'm wearing right this very second, actually. (:

Hezstone said...

It's okay ann weve all had to hang up our hookin shoes, especially when we become mothers. The money was great sure, but the hours are just not so great for a family schedule.:)
I MISS YOU!!!!

Vickie said...

Welcome to the world of comfortable shoes, we've been waiting for you.